Logistics and Particulars
LOCATION: Redwood City Public Library, Main Branch
We have another great meeting planned. NOTE: this agenda is subject to change
- Quilt National Tour Recap
- Show & Tell
- Free Sew
If you’ve never been to a meeting, come and join us!! The first meeting is free.
New swap for May is a “Stud and a Dud”. Stay tuned for more info at the meeting!
Quiltcon block challenge is ongoing. Have you designed your block yet?
BAMQG block challenge is ongoing. Have you made one with the BMAQG colors?
San Mateo County Fair Entries
Amanda is coordinating a group entry of quilts from the Kona challenge to the San Mateo County Fair. If you agreed to enter your quilt, please bring it tomorrow for Amanda and she will drop it off at the Fair later this month. Please bring:
- filled out entry form (Amanda will have some blanks available)
- $2 for entry fee
- Show & Tell
- ABC Blocks for Mary. March’s block names should start with O & P. Bring your current blocks only.
- Charity Blocks (Instructions)
- Extra WHITE Fabric, batting big enough for a quilt, or orphan blocks for the Charity Bin (at the moment our fabulous charity people have enough scraps and fabric)
- Project to work on during sew time
- Supplies for your project such as sewing machine, extension cord, etc
- Snacks to share
- Kona Challenge quilt
Our fabulous charity coordinators need batting and white fabric. If you haven’t used that Joann coupon, perhaps you could use it to buy a package of batting, or a yard or two of white fabric? The charity project is so successful! Let’s keep up the good work.
QuiltCon: February 21-24, 2013in Austin, Texas. QuiltCon will feature a juried show. Quilt entry opens July 1, 2012 and closes October 31, 2012. There will be more information in May regarding pricing and speakers/instructors.
If you have any questions, contact me (or any of the other officers). See you tomorrow!