We are planning a June 16 Charity Sew Day!
Please RSVP to this post in the forum if you are coming, so we can get a general head count.
Charity sewing will be from 10am-5pm.
Any project (charity or personal) is welcome from 5pm-11pm.
The goal of our Charity Sew Day is to make some quilt tops and complete quilts (from current WIPs) by the end of the day. We will have 2-3 block challenges, a team challenge, and demos (including Amanda’s cat bed demo) scheduled through the day.
A special thank you to Pat Bravo who sent some lovely Art Gallery Fabrics studio scraps for our block challenges!
Los Altos Library
13 S. San Antonio Road, Los Altos, California, 94022
Shout out if you can bring these items to share:
- Light/non-messy snacks
- Design Walls (need 2) (Editor comment: the more the merrier)
- Irons (need 3 total) – have 4 – Thanks!
- Ironing Boards (need 3 total) – have 3 – Thanks!
- Large Cutting Mats (need 2) – have 2 – Thanks!
Plan to bring your own:
- Extension cord and/or power strip
- Sewing machine
- Cutting tools/mats (you might want a personal one)
- Charity sewers should bring either white, cream or grey thread, and any white batting they wish to donate (scraps 8″ square and larger welcome).
- Scraps – if you plan to sew a cat bed, please bring bits to stuff inside it.
The Charity Coordinators will bring string block kits, as well as any fabric needed for blocks.
We will be in the Community Room of the Los Altos Library. It’s the large room on the side of the library nearest San Antonio Rd. There are two sets of double doors on the outside of the library – both lead into a foyer area, and the Community Room door is on the left part of this foyer, the checkout desk is on the right.
If you arrive late (after 6pm when the library closes), knock on the doors closest to the Community Room, and someone should be able to let you inside.
We will need to set up and take down tables and chairs, which are available at the library. Please plan to help with this. Also please try to keep your floor area clean.
Coffee and other light snacks are available in the foyer of the library.
People often pick up meals from a local restaurant. There are many places – most frequently we visit Rick’s for lunch (http://rickscafelosaltos.com/menu) but that may not be the case every time.
Questions? Contact Diana.