B-A-M Demo Series Part 2 – Improvisational Piecing
|Improv Piece by Kathleen Robertson|
Remember that B-A-M Demo series? Rhonda and her team are back for more!
Are you ready for Part 2 of the B-A-M Demo Series?
Are you ready to get Wonky?
If so, then don’t miss the BAMQG meeting on August 4th. We’re going to tackle Improvisational Piecing, and this is going to be a HANDS ON event!
B-A-M stands for Basic – Advanced – Modern, and this workshop will not disappoint. I have lined up four of our talented members to present a variety of different improvisational piecing techniques ranging from “super simple” to “more effort, but worth it”.
Best of all, there will be time for you to try out each technique yourself!
Here’s the lineup:
- Joy-Lily: Slice-and-Insert and Slice-and-Swap
- Angela: Wonky Strip Piecing
- Adrianne: Improv String Bars
- Alison S: Wonky Log Cabin
What to bring:
- Your sewing machine
- basic sewing tools (no walking foot needed)
- cutting mat
- rotary cutter, and ruler
- Also bring a selection of scraps to work with, and some scraps to share (optional).
What you’ll work on:
This is really up to you. Here are some possibilities:
- Blocks for charity quilts.
- Your B-A-M Demo Series project — Placemats or Table Runner? Remember that? Have you thought about Design? Do you have an idea you want to try out?
- BAMQG blocks. (12 inches tall by any width) Bring your teal and orange fabrics! It’s not too late. Details on the blog
- A QuiltCon Block Challenge block. (12 inches tall by any width) Bring fabrics in the QuiltCon logo colors. Details on the blog
- Just come and play!
I can hardly wait!
Any questions? Post them in the comments section or on the member forum!