Your tireless Board and Advisory Council members met before Saturday’s meeting to work on the business of the guild.
1. Fundraising: the guild will be doing some fundraising in order to bring in more speakers. Money is also needed for giveaways.
- Feel free to donate (talk to Claire). The guild is a 501(c)(3) organization and you may get a tax deduction.
- If you are interested in being a vendor chair, talk to Lynette, Gerre or Ruth about soliciting from local and online shops for money and prizes.
2. Sew Days: a tip jar will be out on Sew Days in order to give a donation to the church for use of the space. Next Sew Day is April 2.
3. Calendar for the year is on the blog.
- There will be June Workshop with Latifah Saafir. Some things about this are still up in the air, but check back for details, which will soon be announced
- Demos: July, September, November
- May, June raffle
- June – Destash party
Other possible ideas are: member trunk shows
4. Possible teachers – Angela will follow up
- Mel Beach
- Pam Rocco
5. Retreat: venue found, signups soon. 34 spots will be available
4. Charity: new blocks in July
- Michelle is keeping track of donations
5. Membership: Annemarie and Claire work together to keep the membership rolls up to date
6. Treasurer: taxes done, budget discussed.