We hope you were able to attend Saturday’s meeting. Though we haven’t had many meetings, the March get together was super fun!
Karen M was the President for the Day. Thanks, Karen!
1. The introductory question was: What place inspires you artistically?
- Prado in Madrid
- Swedish countryside
- Filoli gardens
- nature in general
- California coast
- daydreaming at the kitchen window
- Montara State Beach
- Yosemite Valley
- Big Sur Coast
- Palace of the Legion of Honor
- top rim of the Grand Canyon
- industrial parks
- AQS Museum
- old factories
- BAM meetings
- Google shapes and designs
- San Francisco
- quilt shows
- San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- being in the shower (free to let the mind wander)
- cultural items on location
- Paul Klee
- redwood trees
- Puerto Rico
2. Ongoing Projects:
Lending Library: we have a small lending library. Contact Kelly for access.
Charity Quilts: people are needed to quilt tops and make postage stamp blocks into tops. See Peggy or Michelle.
Challenge: Shape & Structure Challenge is due in April.
Sew Day: April 2 at 10am
3. Retreat: Save the date: September 30-Oct 2.
4. Upcoming events:
- Mini-quilt swap: 4/10 is the deadline to send an inspiration photo to Ruth
- Bring nice things, which will be made into raffle baskets. You get tickets based on the value of the items you bring and you can buy tickets
- June: Destash Party
5. Quilty Happenings:
- EBHQ Show next weekend in Richmond
- Make It Modern Events – June 9-12. Sign up now for 2 fantastic classes with Libs Elliot and Christina Camelli.
- San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles – Kaffe Exhibit through mid July.
6. QuiltCon: Those who attended gave a report.
7. Erin won the giveaway.
We hope to see you at a future meeting.