Color My Quilt is a new challenge conceived and hosted by Karen. By participating in this challenge you will:
- Explore another member’s color palette
- Explore colors outside of your typical selections
- Experiment with design in a group setting
Each month we explore a color palette of that month’s Colorist.
The Colorist creates a set of 25 packets to had out at the meeting with the following information:
- A set of small fabric swatches representing the color palette
- A theme, concept, or idea in words and/or photos to inspire a direction
- Each participant goes home and makes a Chunk using that color palette with the following rules:
- No design requirements: improv, regular block anything goes
- Use your own stash
- Stick to the palette: no new colors except in very small amounts in a print
- You do not have to use all the colors in the palette
- Minimal size of each side: 5”
- Maximum size of any side: 20”
- Add your name on a piece of paper / fabric and attach to your chunk
- Post photo on Instagram #colormyquilt
Follow on meeting:
- Each participant brings their Chunk to the meeting
- After the meeting, we can play and discuss design ideas together
- Owns the design and the chunks
- Will most likely need to add to the collection to complete the design
- Is free to cut, modify or not use any chunk of their choice
- The design will be a challenge!
- Post photos on Instagram using #colormyquilt
Repeat each month till we run out of members who wish to be Colorists.
We will use this Ning Forum to sign up Colorists for the month. Pick a month, and I’ll add you to the list.
June: Michelle S
August : Joelle
December: Michelle Nicole
Jan 2018: Sue
Feb 2018: TBD
etc… till we have no new Colorists.