NOTE!!!! Tomorrow’s March meeting of our guild will be held on Saturday March 18, from 1pm to 5pm, at Grace Lutheran Church in Palo Alto. 3149 Waverly Street, Palo Alto CA 94306
Reminder about our BAM Merit Hexies challenge! Participation is the key to winning your hexies!
The second Color My Quilt challenge is due.
Things to bring:
- Your UFO project for Cheryl’s UFO Swap. Rules here: Swap #1: UFO*
- Your Color My Quilt block/chunk for Cheryl’s inspiration. (An Exclusive Merit Hexie for this). Info Color My Quilt
- Show and Tell – this is a great way to get to know people
- Along with your smile please bring your NAME Tag! (a Merit Hexie hangs in the balance)
- Charity blocks and quilts
- Small Group projects (and ideas for new Small Groups!)
- Information about local/national quilty happenings
- Non-messy snacks
- Sewing projects for after the meeting sewcializing
- Cyndi will be bringing her Accuquilt Go for our use. (Yay Cyndi!) I will bring my die for our Merit Hexies and you are welcome (if so inclined) to bring your scraps (minimum 3″ x 3 1/2″) and expertly and quickly cut Merit Hexies. I can show you how to baste the Hexies if you are new to hexie basting and would like to make some.
- Your rotary cutter to help the Charity Team cut fabric for our next Charity project.
Make sure you check off your charity and service accomplishments and collect your BAM Merit Hexies. Don’t forget, there are EXCLUSIVE Merit Hexies for special projects.
Check out the last meeting’s minutes.
UFO (UN-FINISHED OBJECT) SWAP AND CHALLENGE
Bring in your UFO(s) in a bag/box. You might want this to look as good as possible to encourage someone to adopt it.
NOTE: include as much of the UFO as you can (fabric, pattern, etc). However, keep in mind that what the adopter chooses to make may be different from what you originally intended.
Realize you relinquish all control of what the finished product may be/look like.
If you bring a project, expect to take one home!
If no one adopts your project, expect to take it back home.
People who bring in UFOs have first crack at available for adoption UFOs.
Bring back your finished project in May! Get an amazing and unique hexie for your BAM “sash.”
If you have any questions or want a space on the agenda, please leave a comment, or contact an officer before the meeting.
Members can visit the BA Modern forum.