Saturday’s meeting was fun and wonderful, as usual. A great time was had by all! Thanks to the Board for their hard work on making the meeting happen. If you haven’t been to a meeting try and make one.We would love to see you!
7/22 – Fibershots Gala, 6-9pm at the San Jose Quilt Museum
Sew Day August 5 in Palo Alto
8/12 Tara Faughnan workshop
8/19/2017 August BAMaQG Guild meeting
9/16 – September Meeting
9/16 – Hexie mini swap items due
9/23 – Karen Foster – Improv Abstraction workshop
9/29-Oct 1 Retreat
11/11 – Sarah Goer – Planned Improv workshop
Question of the Day: What is your favorite fabric company and why?
- Alexander Henry because it is printed in Japan and the colors are really bright. Also a brother / sister team designs their fabrics.
- Joy-Lily – she makes and uses her own hand-dyed fabrics
- Kaffe Fassett – bright
- Cloud 9 – organic
- Kaufman solids – so many colors….
- across the board
- Liberty of London
- do I have to pick just one???
- Hoffman – mom keeps sending me subscriptions
- whatever’s in the shop and strikes me
- Marimekko because it is bright
- Robert Kaufman novelties – love the novelties
- dots by anyone
- Essex Linen, because it is shiny
- Art Gallery, Michael Miller solids
- fabrics from my stash
- Cotton & Steele – their story and the fact that they are all female designers
- Moda just seems to end up in my collection
- Birch, because they are organic
- Art Gallery
- whatever is on sale
- same as everyone else
- Modaluna – cute and organic
- Quilting Treasures
- Rifle Paper Co.
- Michael Miller
- What all y’all said
- Remember to fill out the form and select your hexies
- Pet Beds – deliver pet beds and get a special hexie
- Library was available. See LeAnn
- Kits for postage stamps are available
- Kits for chevrons are available
- Peggy & Michele have quilts to be quilted
- 4 spots left
- Roommates will be assigned in August for people who don’t have a roommate
- They are fostering change through art.
- They have a list of items they need on their website.
- The modern hexie mini swap was introduced at the meeting by the fabulous Cheryl.
- Make something with a hexie on it. It does not have to be hexagonal
- Due at the September 16 meeting
- Cheryl will not me micromanaging hexiness.
- Wrap your item up in paper or fabric or something
- Shoshana was this month’s winner
- Michelle S received her shards
- Amy M gave out her sheets and inspirational fabric slices