Yes, it is that time again: National Craft Month/National Quilt Month, depending to whom you talk.
The following post was originally posted on the Quiltin’ Jenny’s blog. Thanks to Jenny for letting me repost it and share the information with you. I have edited it a bit to make it appropriate for BAMQG.
It’s that time of year again! Yes, March 16 is National Quilting Day, and there are events all month to celebrate.
Of course, we should have a National Quilting Day Sew In on March 16. Who’s with me?
If you haven’t joined us for a sew in before, it’s easy! We post messages on Twitter with a specific hashtag, in this case #NQDSI. If you do not have a Twitter account, just sign up. It’s free. Once you have an account, join us using the hashtag, #NQDSI. There is also a #NQDSI room on Tweet Chat. You don’t need a Twitter account to read those posts, but you do need one if you want to post.
To follow happenings, go to your Twitter feed and click on one of the tweets with the #NQDSI hashtag. If I don’t see one, go to the search feature and type in #NQDSI. The Twitter search engine will then bring up all the tweets with that hashtag. Just refresh frequently to see the conversation.
Other National Quilting Day/Month Events:
- The Venice (FL) Area Quilter’s Guild celebrates on March 3.
- Quilter’s Day Out takes place in Louisville, Kentucky on March 9.
- The Eastern Long Island Quilters Guild offers workshops on March 9-10.
- In Georgia we have the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop from March 14-17.
- The International Quilt Study Center and Museum hosts a day of lectures, demonstrations, and tours on March 16.
- CAMEO Quilters Guild in Michigan celebrates a belated NQD on April 20.
There are many other events, including:
- our own BAMQG meeting.
- The Quilt Show is celebrating by offering free access to all their shows on their site from March 15 through March 17. That includes Jinny Beyer’s two shows, episodes 313 and 601 which feature a tour of her home and some detailed hand-piecing instruction. Visit The Quilt Show.
- Visit your local quilt shop (and get a badge here!) after the meeting, of course. 😉 The Intrepid Thread and Always Quilting, as well as all the other Bay Area Shops will thank you.
Join in the fun! Thanks again, to Jenny for letting me use parts of her post.