We had a great time at the meeting Saturday. People have been doing really great work and everyone is looking forward to the Retreat.
The next Sew Day is June 7, 10am -11pm. Look for details on the Ning and RSVP there.
Hope you can make the next general guild meeting, which is on June 21.
San Mateo County Fair: Lynnette kindly offered to take our quilt entries to the San Mateo County Fair intake day. She left with a pack of quilts. We will arrange pick up at a later time.
Amish Exhibit: November 2014 at SJMQT. Joe Cunningham will do jurying. Entries are due October 1, so get busy designing. 😉 Kelly is organizing a small group to encourage people to work on their projects and get them ready for the exhibit. Remember half of them will need to be for sale and the proceeds will be shared with the museum. You can set your own price.
Jacquie Gering Workshops: July 26, 27 – there are still spaces available, so if you want one for a friend or haven’t signed up yet.
Charity: There is a new block for this quarter – the fish block. There are actually 3 fish blocks, which are the same parts in different configurations. Look for directions and handouts soon. 60 finished charity quilts will be taken to the NICU at Stanford this week. Peggy finished a number of them in the past on charity sew day.
- From the Cat Bed department: Amanda couldn’t make the meeting and will accept schnibbles in June only. Bring your fabric scraps and batting cut into sizes of 3″ or smaller next meeting.
- Hand quilting and hand piecing – the group has been expanded to include other kinds of handwork. Angela worked on a binding while Rhonda stitched hexagons together using the English Paper Piecing method. She bought a Tula Pink kit to get started.
- Jaye brought blocks for the Tula Pink City Sampler small group, but the rest of the members were curiously absent.
- We saw Nicki’s finished Round Robin and Cheryl’s almost finished Round Robin in Show and Tell, but no groups met.
- Nobody in the Color groups met.
Personal challenge: bring a hand quilted or hand pieced project to the next meeting.
December 2014 has been reserved at the Los Altos Library for an exhibit of Modern quilts. All sizes welcome. More details forthcoming in June or July.
If you have not received an email from MQG setting up a username and allowing you into the members only site, respond to the thread on the Ning. You must be a paid member of BAMQG.
BAMQG and the St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild are participating in the Swap Challenge Swap Extravaganza. People who brought orphan blocks could sign up to make something that will be exchanged with someone at the St. Louis Guild. All orphan blocks were turned in. They will be doled out by Angela to anyone who signed up (contact Angela if you were not at the meeting and want to play). You won’t get what you brought, but someone else’s orphan block to work on. Then the projects will be turned in and sent to St. Louis and the SLMQG will send us a package back and those items will be doled out. You will be able to make anything and do anything with the orphan block you receive. Some ideas are:
- tote bag
- zipper pouch
- wall hanging